Tuesday, February 14, 2006

São Valentino

Today is Valentine's Day, but not in Brazil! They celebrate it in July or something, just to be South American and contrary, I suspect. Maybe Hallmark is behind this.

Anyway, nothing really of note going on in my life but I thought I should write so as not to risk losing my loyal fan base. HA.

I had a pretty good weekend, which included TWO separate trips to the movies, first to see Brokeback Mountain (I cried, of course) and then to see Rumor Has It. Brokeback Mountain was touching and beautifully filmed, and I do enjoy me some Jake Gyllenhaal in a cowboy hat. Rumor Has It was kinda stoops but still entertaining, and I enjoyed looking at cute-as-anything Mark Ruffalo. Love him! Also, since a decent bit of that movie took place in the Bay Area, it made me incredibly homesick for San Francisco.

Well, it's about time for me to pack up my things and blow this popsicle stand.

Maybe I'll write something tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment