Friday, March 24, 2006

More chuva

I woke up this morning super early intending to go running before it got hot, but then I looked out my window and saw that it was pouring rain, and went back to bed. When I did get up again at 7:45, it had stopped raining, sort of, and was cool enough that I could go run, so I went for a little trot and came back just as it started to rain again. When I got up to my room to shower and change, I looked at myself in the mirror and found that my face was caked with little dead black bugs. You know how I love bugs, especially when they are plastered on my lips and in my eyelashes, so that was a pleasant surprise.

I showered, scrubbed the bug corpses off of myself, and went down to breakfast to find I was the ONLY one there. I felt like I was at my own private resort! So, I sat there with my Brazilian Marie Claire and read about women who support financially insoluble men as I ate greasy eggs, hot dogs in tomato sauce, rolls, cheese, and coffee. Typically Brazilian.

Now, I plan on whiling away the time until my cousin shows up at around 3. Since it continues to pour outside, and my run this morning didn't turn up anything particularly fruitful to do in the immediate area, I think it's back to the room to watch Brazilian MTV and do crosswords.

One more thing. Last night I was lying in bed and had this weird, sudden homesickness for Top Life. How strange, since I only lived there 8 months, but I guess because it was my First Apartment and all that, it holds some sort of sentimental value for me. I guess I just miss the comfort of São Paulo, but the Northeast should be awesome, as long as it stops raining....

No comments:

Post a Comment