Sunday, May 07, 2006

Glorious!

You know it's a beautiful day in this city when it's sunny in the Sunset, which is usually bathed in fog and battered by bone-chilling winds off the beach. As soon as I stepped out the door this morning to catch Muni downtown, it was beautiful, clear and bright -- what a welcome sight!

I spent the day wandering around the city, going to the gym, taking buses that I have never taken before (yay Muni pass!), and eating one of the most delicious turkey subs I have ever had in my life from a little Asian breakfast place on Sutter. Oh MAN was that turkey sub good! Now at least I can honestly recommend one cheap eatery near my work to all the lost travelers looking for a bite to eat. I am SO prepared for work tomorrow.

As I was taking the 28 bus back from the Marina to the Sunset, we drove past Crissy Field and up to the Golden Gate Bridge, and I just looked out the window and marveled at the natural beauty of the city. Don't get me wrong, I love Sao Paulo with all my heart -- even with its grime, noise, and occasional soccer riot -- but living there for 8 months really makes me now appreciate the green freshness of San Francisco all the more. It's going to be a good 4 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment