Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Goodbye Dinner

I had my going-away dinner at Espetus, the Brazilian churrascaria on Sunday night, and man oh man, was it good. I love going to that place because: a) it's delicious, b) they have lots of good Malbec, c) I am friends with some of the Brazilian dudes who work there from the hostel, d) they keep the pao de queijo coming, and, perhaps most importantly, e) the buffet has unlimited palm hearts. Mmmm, palmitos.

It was such fun to get my friends and family together in one room, with shedloads of meat at our disposal. I think the highlight of the night was when my family semi-spontaneously started singing "Leavin' on a Jet Plane." It was actually sweet. The thing about my family is that we all love to sing and we all love attention, so there's always a chance that someone's gonna burst into song if you get a few of us in one place.

After dinner, my cousins Peter, Rory and Emily and I went to a bar in the Haight for a drink or two to help the meat settle, then I came home and passed out on Emily's couch while watching Arrested Devleopment. Awesome end to an awesome night! I am posting a few pics from the night below. Enyoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment