Friday, September 22, 2006

The Bob Loblaw Law Blog

So, I had this epiphany the other day that law school is like, hard. Gone are the days of watching "Parental Control" marathons on MTV, of eating long lunches with my friends, of going out drinking three nights in a row and waking up fully dressed on top of my covers. All of a sudden, my professors apparently decided to bust out the real workload, and I have been staying up past my bedtime every night struggling to read (and sort of understand) cases. This is a new experience for me, and it's short of a shock to the system.

I'm not complaining, though. Law school is fun, and I am really excited about all the opportunities I have here to get involved with things I really care about: the Human Rights Journal, maybe the advocacy program, a reading group, and a student-run corporation that does fun social stuff. The social aspect is key, duh.

The fun thing about law school is that it makes you rethink about everything from a legal point of view all of a sudden... and I'm not just talking about my newfound deeper appreciation for Law and Order SVU. For example, today Elise and I went to a coffee shop to study. I was reading in my Torts book about contributory negligence in car accidents, and I started thinking about the time that I was on a crowded city bus in Chile that ran over a dude's foot. Who was at fault there? The driver, for not taking due care in making sure that soccer-crazed Chileans were not hanging off the side of his bus? Or the kid who was in fact clinging to the side of the bus and fell under the wheels of the bus because of his own recklessness? Hmmmm....

ISN'T THE LAW FUN?!

No comments:

Post a Comment