Tuesday, October 17, 2006

This is me studying.




This is me studying. Seriously.

In other news, I am watching the Daily Show and eating pickles. This is the worst blog entry EVER. Except for maybe the one where I talked about some movie I saw.

Oh my gosh, I totally forgot, I saw the BEST movie this weekend! Everyone go see Little Miss Sunshine, if it is still playing in some arthouse theater in the middle of nowhere in your neck of the woods. I guess I was a little late in getting around to seeing it, but I am so glad I did. It was soooo sweet and funny.

My friend Cameron and I went to see it on Saturday night for a low-key way to wind down a relatively high-key (i.e. alcohol- and study-infused) weekend. The film was great and I laughed so hard I cried during the last scene, but the night sort of deteriotated once we left the theater to discover that a) there were no cabs in Cambridge at midnight on a Saturday, and b) it was a billion degrees below zero. We hung around the lobby of the theater until the pimply youth in charge of validating parking kicked us out, and then we started to trudge toward a main street to flag down a cab.

As we were walking, this tall, skinny dude in a sweater vest emerged out of nowhere and started jogging to catch up with us. "Ladies," he said, "do you mind if I walk with you?" Of course, we both did, since he was clearly creepy and had apparently materialized out of dark shadows, but neither of us said no. He proceeded to walk with us, telling us how he "couldn't help but notice" that we had left Little Miss Sunshine, and informing us that the little girl in the movie reminded him of his sister. He also made up some weird excuse about why he had been lurking outside the theater for 20 minutes and why he found it necessary to walk with us.

C. and I were both getting the major heebie-jeebies, so when we spotted a cab up ahead, we started running towards it and managed to flag it down. Once we got inside the (mercifully warm) cab, we breathed a sigh of relief because a) we could feel our extremities again and b) we had avoided being turned into lampshades by Creepy Theater Lurker Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment