Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanks.

I know it's been a while since I've written, and for that I sincerely apologize. I have a pretty good excuse, though: I no longer am a lady of leisure. That's right -- I was finally forced, kicking and screaming, into the real world. I got a job.

The good news, I guess, is that I am now a real lawyer. The bad news is that being a real lawyer requires going to an office, wearing professional clothes , and doing lawywerly stuff all the time. Plus, having to account for my time minute-by-minute while at work really cuts down on the incentive to blog, since every minute spent blogging is an extra minute I'll have to stay at the office, and one fewer minute that I can spend watching Oprah on my DVR. And I'm not about to lose precious Oprah minutes -- the clock's ticking, people.



Having said all that, if I can't spare a few minutes to take to the blogosphere on Thanksgiving weekend, then I should just throw in the blogging towel* now, and that ain't happening -- not today. Anyhoo, since it's Thanksgiving weekend, I would be remiss if I didn't write a semi-predictable post about all the things I'm thankful for. Okay, not ALL the things -- there's not enough space on this server for that list -- but some of the highlights. Here goes:

1. Gummi candy
2. Family and friends
3. The smell of burning leaves
4. Central heating
5. Air conditioning
6. Diet Coke
7. My Slanket
8. Scrabble and my familiarity with the list of acceptable 2-letter words
9. My law degree
10. Passing the bar
11. My Le Creuset frying pan
12. My dad's lentil soup
13. Stained glass windows
14. Ballet flats
15. My boyfriend's chimp impersonation
16. Digital cameras
17. Living in a mild climate
18. Dogs that sing to opera music
19. Shopping/froyo trips with my mom
20. Froyo (with sprinkles)
21. Palm trees
22. Ceiling fans
23. Ordering food online
24. Mineral makeup
25. Trashy gossip magazines
26. Jeopardy, and the theme song that never changes
27. The purple plaid trend
28. Karaoke
29. Dark rum
30. Michigan accents
31. Father Ted
32. My one-cup coffee maker
33. Skype
34. New York Times Sunday crosswords
35. Latin pop, especially Juanes
36. Portuguese nasal vowels
37. Omelettes
38. Ugg slippers
39. Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches
40. Ivy-covered buildings
41. Fireplaces
42. Belgian beer
43. Dogwood trees
44. Fat dogs and cats
45. Veterans and servicepeople
46. Seals and other mammals with flippers
47. Chilean Spanish, cachai?
48. Hoodies
49. Alpaca gloves
50. Reliable public transportation

Looking back on what I just wrote, it seems like the list is disproportionately composed of things that keep me warm and comestibles. Oh well. I yam what I yam. And that's all that I am.

Oh, and I'm really thanksful for blog readers. Love you guys. Happy Thanksgiving!



*blowel.

1 comment:

  1. very cool blog, will be back to read more

    come check out the first ever fashion blog from a guys POV, let He know what you think

    fashionbyhe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete