Friday, April 13, 2007

blank slate

Hi. I officially have nothing to say. That means it's that special part of the semester when law school has sufficiently beat me into physical, mental and spiritual submission that I can't think of anything original or witty to write about and am reduced to whiny posts like this. So I'll do what I used to do when I lived in Brazil and just list things that I have done lately, because THAT's gotta be interesting.

1. Sold something off craigslist without being raped/murdered.* I sold a Guster ticket for next Friday to this guy named Jim. I told him to meet me in front of the Starbucks on Mass Ave. and that I would be wearing a green fleece. It was all very drug-dealish, which made me feel cool. The outcome was that I got $30 and Jim got an awesome ticket to the Guster show next weekend, so everybody wins. Except me, actually, since I paid $50 for that ticket.

2. Went to the Harvard public interest auction, where people wore tuxedos and evening gowns. I wore jeans, bid $30 on a $25 gift certificate to a bar, and didn't win. High roller. Anyway the highlight of the whole thing was that some old dude from the HLS class of '50 donated a brick from the old library that he found in the trash, suggesting that someone could use it as a paperweight.... and it sold for $700. Seriously... $700... a brick. I'll just let that sink in for a minute.**

3. Found an apartment in Buenos Aires for this summer. It's fabulous and beautiful and wonderful and I can't wait to be there, yippee!

4. Saw the first April snow shower I've seen in many a long year. Love ya, Boston!

5. Was interested in my property class for like 5 minutes today, it was glorious! I was raising my hand and participating and stuff! Unfortunately, that short burst of interest went away and I have returned to my general dislike of property law. Easy come, easy go.

.... I think that's about it. I never promised you a rose garden.


* Yet.
** Someone bought a brick for $700.

No comments:

Post a Comment