Friday, September 21, 2012

Catsup

It's been, what, seven months since I posted anything here? Ugh. I'm the worst. To make it up to you, I'm going to write a lil' catchup post! Incidentally, I, like all good Americans, always assumed the word "catsup" was a Canadian bastardization of the word "ketchup." I mean, it makes sense. These people say "A to Zed" and spell color with a 'u' and don't even get me started on how they pronounce "pasta." Who knows what they're capable of, am I right? But my Canadian husband informs me that all Canadians assume that "catsup" is what dumb Americans call "ketchup." Which is an outrage. Except I just googled it and turns out "catsup" is used in the Southern United States. Dammit.

Anyway. I'm getting off track here. Let me bring you all up to speed on what's happening in these here parts:

1. Al and I got married in May. NBD. For those who are interested, see: http://apracticalwedding.com/2012/08/planning-stressing-letting-go-and-getting-married/

2. I handed in my notice at work - my last day is October 17.

  3. We're moving to Johannesburg for 9 months, followed by London for 9 months, for Al's job.

4. I am going to leave lawyering to try to write professionally.

5. I finally finished all five books in George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire.

So. That's the deal. Expect to see this space being updated much more regularly post-October 17 as we embark on our international adventure.  In the meantime, I'll be posting about our honeymoon in Indonesia and perhaps a few assorted other goodies.

Missed you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment