Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th

Today is Friday, July 13. Spoooooky.

The last Friday the 13th I remember clearly was Friday, August 13, 2004. Why do I remember that date? Well, it was Fidel Castro's 78th birthday, I was in Havana, and Hurricane Charley hit the island. You do the math. Friday the 13th + Fidel's cumple + scary hurricane = OMEN.

I still haven't worked out what it means but I think it has to do with God hating communism.

Today has been a relatively unspooky day, actually. I woke up, went to the lavanderia to pick up my clothes, ate brekky, took the subte to work (trying to avoid being coughed on by gross people with colds), arrived at work, drank some mate, ordered lunch, and here I am. No curses or black cats or natural disasters so far, and if some super weird weather phenomenon occurred, like, for example, snow in Buenos Aires, I don't think anyone would blink an eyeball.

Hope I'm not jinxing myself right now. Hi Fidel.

No comments:

Post a Comment