Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Notes from the Front

Hello, dear readers. I am writing you from my hotel in beautiful Oakland, California to let you know that I am now 2/3 done with the California Bar Exam and have lived to tell the tale (knock on wood!). For fear of being harshly reprimanded by the Committee of Bar Examiners for revealing their heavily guarded bar secrets, I will be cautiously vague and say that so far, the exam has not been overly heinous, but is no walk in the park, either. I think it's the sheer length and intensity of the exam that are wearing on me. All I know is that into hour 4 of today, I kept finding myself contemplating dinner (Chinese food on my bed again?), or hoping that good reality TV would be on later (post-post-Bachelorette session?), or thinking about packing for my trip to Thailand on Saturday (how many maxi-dresses is too many maxi-dresses?) and then I'd snap out of it and reprimand myself for losing focus.

But despite my wandering mind, overall, I think it went pretty well. Anyway, I have one more day to go and then I am freeeeee!

So, enough about the bar. My real objective for this post was to have an excuse to show you the whirlpool that is incredibly situated right next to my BED, which obviously allows for convenient soaking while watching TV, eating, making phone calls, doing your nails, online shopping*, whatever!



Awesome, right? Anyway, time to wrap up, my Chinese food just got here and I need to go eat it in my bed.

*Do not actually attempt online shopping while immersed in water at home.

2 comments:

  1. nice!!! that must have been ridiculously hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Steph! My suggestion would be Chinese food while in the spa- a perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete