Saturday, May 19, 2007

People I want to marry, and other things

People I want to marry who are probably/definitely unavailable:

1. Michael Ian Black - out of my league. Oh and married.
2. Brandon Flowers - Mormon. Also married.
3. Mark Ruffalo - married, famous, blah blah.
4. Jim Halpert - fictional.

Those are my top four, anyway.

So, speaking of marriage, my dear cousin Emily O'Rourke and i are on our SECOND cousin honeymoon in Boston. That looks creepy when I type it, but trust me, it's a beautiful thing. You'll recall that our first honeymoon took place in northeastern Brazil last March, where we went horseback riding and had long candlelit suppers.
http://teffsinbrasil.blogspot.com/2006_03_01_archive.html

It's going to be hard to top that magic, but sitting on my butt right now in a comfortable, squishy, warm, hotel room bed is coming pretty close. This is exactly what I needed after the last few weeks of finals madness and then hardcore celebration that involved, of course, major abuse to my body.

As soon as I finished my post-exam partying (12 pm to 4 am on Monday/Tuesday, no big deal), I got on a bus to New York on Tuesday morning (unpleasant) and went to the Telemundo Upfront and saw hot telenovela stars and presentadores, including the host of 12 Corazones, my favorite Spanish-language dating/quiz show. After that, on Wednesday morning, I had to drag my butt back to Boston, move all the crap out of my room (a 2-day process), and tie up all my loose ends around campus. For example, I had to eat at Three Aces one last time before I left -- stuff like that.

And now, finally, it's over, and I have exactly one week to relax before going to Argentina. Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment