Friday, November 14, 2008

Flashbeagle

This particular Charlie Brown TV special, the 1984 Flashbeagle, was recently trashed by a Slate article (which was singing the praises of earlier, more melancholy Peanuts specials), but I still love it. Please watch this and tell me that Snoopy flash-dancing isn't awesome.*



And can we please play tribute to the "Lucy is the Boss" song? I had this song stuck in my head for like 6 years when I was younger.* Might as well pass it on to you guys. Also, please note that at the beginning of this video, it shows Snoopy wearing a leather jacket, strutting down the street with a gang of little yellow birds.** Snoopy was such a bad-ass in the 80s!




*Ages 5-11.

**I'd like to comment here that a certain Canadian boyfriend, whose name will go unmentioned here, insists that Snoopy's bird friend (Woodstock) is actually named Peanut. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious. I'm so loving the digging up of the past... ahem Snoopy!

    ReplyDelete