Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Golden Birthday

Today is my golden birthday. Those of you who are completely and utterly out of the loop are probably asking, "What in tarnation is a golden birthday, Eteffi?" I'm glad you asked, you old so-and-so. The golden birthday is the birthday when your age matches the day on which you were born. So, today is October 27, and I am turning -- dun dun DUNNNNNNN! -- 27.

I know, I can't believe I am this ancient, either. Plus, I have now finally reached that age where if I make a joke about being old, people don't really laugh anymore. When you're 21 and you say, "Oh my God, I'm so old!" people either laugh or smack you upside the head. But when you say that when you're 27, people just sort of nod sympathetically and avert their eyes. But you know what? I'm okay with being just heartbeats away from (gasp!) thirty. I still feel as young as I did when I was 25-and-a-half! Maybe even 25!

You know, they say that 27 is the new 17, which means that I should be expecting my parents to buy me a 1997 Chevy Cavalier any day now and should start thinking about my prom dress. So I have all that to look forward to.

Anyway, I'm off to celebrate my birthday by hunting down a seasonal flu shot, a task that has proved nearly impossible here in DC. Wish me luck. And happy birthday, if you think of it.

1 comment: