Thursday, July 13, 2006

Overheard on the street

As I was leaving Subway today after my traditional lunchtime baby-spinach-'n-chicken salad, I overheard this scruffy dude telling a lady that he had just come from the other subway off Union Square but left because it was too crowded.

"There were lines out the door," he said.

"Yeah, that Subway is always crazy. This one is better," she said, gesturing toward the door.

"I couldn't believe the lines. I was like, 'is this a Subway in Coo-ba,' or what?"

Hearing the Subway-in-Cooba line made me laugh internally. If ONLY they had Subway in Cuba! My life would have been a hell of a lot easier AND tastier. The lack of Subway in Cuba is in fact one of the most poignant examples of how the embargo makes ordinary people suffer. We all deserve to eat fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment