Monday, September 04, 2006

Law Skool, part 2

If I had to break my time at HLS down into percentages, it would look something like this:

Drinking: 83%
Reading cases: 5%
Talking about how I should be reading cases: 5%
Buying candles: 2%
Watching Reno 911: 4%
Eating pizza: 1%

Please note that drinking has dominated most of my time here. Last night I went out to dinner with some of my new girl friends, then we went for a drink at a bar in Cambridge, then we ended up at the Law School drinking society, which was like a sweaty frat party in the basement of this semi-nasty house. I didn't actually drink that much but it amazed me that I was out till 2:00 am on a Sunday, especially considering that I had gone out Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, AND that I'm at law school.

It's not all fun and games, though. Tomorrow is my first class, Criminal Law, at 8:50 AM, followed directly by Torts. Until a few days ago, I didn't even know what a tort was, although it sounded vaguely British, and now I am going to a whole class devoted to them. Learning is fun.

Right now I am sitting on my silky bed watching Project Runway (the one where Keith gets busted for using pattern books, oooh), debating whether or not to try to do any more reading for tonight. My main goal is to get some sleep tonight so I can be bright and chipper for my class tomorrow morning. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment