Friday, October 27, 2006

24

24. Not just an inexplicably popular TV show anymore. Now it's also... my age. Oof.

Bday so far has been EXCELLENT. Got roses, got a pedicure, heard from friends and fam, and the weather is sunny and clear and not too cold. Basically all I could ask for, except for the fact that I had to go to Civ Pro. But even civ pro had that special birthday sheen on it.

Anyway my lovely parents sent me some pretty flowers in a vase filled with candy-corn (they know me too well), and I went to the mail center to pick it up. Actual conversation between me and the mail room guy:

Mail Room Guy: So, these must be from your main guy, huh?

Me: Uh, I think they're probably from my parents.

MRG: Hm, I was just trying to look on the positive side.

Me: Thanks

MRG: You know, a lot of young ladies send themselves flowers.

Me: Well, I haven't really been reduced to that... yet.

MRG: I used to work at this one place, and this girl got long-stemmed roses every day for two months. And the other girls in the office, they said, 'why does that fat somethin' get flowers every day?' So I asked her, I said, 'Melanie, are you gonna marry this guy that keeps sending you flowers?' And she said, 'No, he's wasting his time.'

Me: So did she marry him?

MRG: No, she married some other guy.

Then he shared some other stories about undeserving women getting flowers, and I left clutching my flowers appreciatively.

Anyhoo, now I am chillin' in my room, watching some bad movie on Comedy Central, NOT doing homework, and waiting for my girl Karen to get here so we can get ready to go out to dinner (sushi) and dancing with Harvard peeps. Yay, I am so excited. Parabens pra mim!

No comments:

Post a Comment