Thursday, May 04, 2006

Nevernude

I am sitting here in Reno watching "Arrested Development" with my mom and Dougal, our dog. It's nice to be back in the family environment --so relaxing! My dad made me a special omelette this morning for breakfast, I sat around in my pajamas for a good chunk of the day (until I had to go to the dentist, and I was thisclose to going in pjs), I have been watching Arrested Development like it's my job, and tonight my parents and I went to our favorite all-you-can-eat sushi place for dinner. (Love those "Reno rolls!") The only damper on the day was the time I had to spend filling out financial aid applications for law school. That was NO fun.

So I think I owe it to whomever may be reading this to describe my Greyhound bus experience, in case anyone is considering it as a travel option. Here's the thing. It was okay, I guess, but like, what is it with crazy people and buses? I just don't get it. To be fair, it wasn't JUST crazies -- besides the numerous mentally-ill passengers on the Lucky Streak, there were several crusty, alcohol-soaked individuals, a girl who looked and talked like Hilary Swank's character in Million Dollar Baby, a guy who screamed into his walkie-talkie cell phone ("I'M ON THE GREYHOUND!!! I SAID, I'M ON THE GREYHOUND!!"), a large girl with blue hair who snored, and an angry man and his 4 year old son (who had a diamond stud earring). A colorful crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment