Monday, May 08, 2006

Working girl

First day of work at the hostel!

I woke up at 5:30 am to catch the 6 am Muni downtown, and despite a minor freak-out when I thought I would miss Muni (and consequently ran out the door with my bag unzipped and my teeh unbrushed), I ended up getting to the Powell station at 6:20 since the Muni runs way faster when it doesn't have to stop to pick up people. Der.

I decided to pop into Starbucks for some caffeine (and cinnamon gum), and ordered a coffee and a bottle of water. Apparently, Starbucks has some sort of special promotion for poor people like me who are getting coffee before 6:30 am, because they gave me a huge travel coffee (like a coffee KEG), a carton of half-and-half, lids, cups, sugar, and 5 hot sandwiches to take to my coworkers. Needless to say, I was a big hit on my first day of work when I showed up with piping hot food and coffee for all.

Work was FUN! Well, as much fun as one can have at 7 am behind a desk. But really, it was so interesting and fun checking in and out people from all over the world, giving directions (all my preparation paid off!!), scheduling shuttles, selling tours, etc. I think I am really going to like the job. Yaaaay.

No comments:

Post a Comment