I was digging through my old sent mail folder, looking for something entirely different, when I stumbled across an email that I sent out to some of my girl friends way back in January. I was still in Sao Paulo then... weird. Anyway it's kind of fun, so here it is, lazily copied and pasted by yours truly:
ok ladies, so I really am idle at work and found this on a blog that I read (http://stephanieklein.blogs.com/greek_tragedy/ )
if you have as much free time as I do, fill it out...
Welcome to the new 2006 edition of getting to know your friends. What you are supposed to do is copy (not forward) this entire e-mail and paste it onto a new e-mail that you'll send. Change all the answers so they apply to you, and then send this to a whole bunch of people including the person who sent it to you. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things about your friends.
1. What time did you get up this morning?
2. Diamonds or pearls?
Diamonds... or cubic zirconia because, really, who can tell.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Harry Potter e o Calice de Fogo -- not dubbed, thank goodness
4. What is your favorite TV show?
America's Next Top Model right now... but the Daily Show usually... oh and currently obssessed with Little Britain
5. What did you have for breakfast?
Bread and cream cheese, a mango, a cup of coffee
6. What is your middle name?
7. What is your favorite food?
Frozen yogurt with sprinkles
8. What foods do you dislike?
Melon of any description, lamb (tastes like dirty socks), fruity compotes with meat dishes (i.e. grilled chicken with "mango chutney." any chutney, really, does not work for me)
9. Your favorite Potato chip?
EVEN COOLER ranch doritos
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment?
let's say favorite song -- right now, tribalistas, ja sei namorar
11. What kind of car do you drive?
.................. can i sing a brazilian car commercial jingle for you instead?
14 Favorite drink?
Diet coke for lunch, red wine (like argentine malbec) for din... or even, WITH din
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it be?
New Zealand, maybe Venezuela...
16.What color is your bathroom?
Bathroom Tile White
17. Favorite brand of clothing?
Anything from Anthropologie.. well, anything that doesn't involve weird, Victorian-esque corsets/fastenings or gauzy floor-length skirts
18.Where would you retire?
North Carolina, or Argentina... but I'd be sure to pick a NON-nazi retirement community
19 Favorite time of day?
getting home from work, reading before bed
21. Favorite sport to watch?
hockey, track (and some field)
22. Who do you least expect to send this back?
23. Person you expect to send it back first?
24. What laundry detergent do you use?
I don't do my own laundry.. but I suspect some brazilian brand with a name like BEZ or Ó or UAU
25. Coke or Pepsi?
just for the taste of it, diet coke
26. Are you a morning person or night owl?
morning person... please no early jokes
27. What size shoe do you wear?
8 to 9 in US, depending on how my feet are feeling. 39 in Brazil. Something else in Europe.
28. Do you have pets?
My rents have Dougal but I take no responsibility for his behavior
29. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with your friends?
I have 37 days of work left.
30. What (who) did you want to be when you were little?
Author and illustrator, wildly successful
31. Favorite Candy Bar?
Milky Way, duh. or else that new one with pretzels in it, oh man.
33. What are the different jobs you have had in your life?
research assistant/manual laborer/rat-poop-infested shed cleaner, koney dog slinger, pizza schlepper, research assistant/girl in charge of memorizing every IMF country code in the world, including the one for Christmas island, research assistant, front desk greeter/coffee maker, "paralegal"/indentured American servant for unfeeling British corporation
34. Favorite season?
Fall in Michigan before it starts to snow (approx. 2 weeks in September), spring in California
35. Nicknames you've had?
Cougar, Eteffi, MoneyBags
at one time, 5... now, 2
37. Eye color:
38. Ever been to Africa?
39. Ever been toilet papering?
40. Love someone so much it made you cry?
41. Been in a car accident?
No (no thanks to me!).. well actually I have backed into several things... but who says it was an ACCIDENT
42. What's a question no one has ever asked you?
"who died and made YOU queen bee?"
43. Favorite day of the week?
Saturday. Call me unoriginal but that's how it is.
44. Favorite restaurant?
No way I can pick just one... I'll say Kerby's Koney Island, even though that is a bold-faced lie. They do have good chicken greek salads though.
45. Favorite flower?
lilacs? i guess? daffodils are pretty
46. Favorite ice cream?
does yumi yogurt count?
47. Disney or Warner Brothers?
I owe Disney more of a thank-you for happy childhood memories but I suspect both of these companies are probably evil
48. Favorite fast food restaurant?
I like McDonalds ice cream....
49. What color is your bedroom carpet?
Hideous... i think some sort of industrial blue...
50. How many times did you fail your driver's test?
51. Before this one, from whom did you get your last e-mail?
52. Which store would you choose to Max out your Credit Card?
Anthropologie. and why is Max capitalized?
53. What do you do most often when you are bored?
Read celebrity gossip online, get started on writing those memoirs, prank call the new president of Bolivia
11 or so
56. Last person you went to dinner with?
Dougal, Nicola, Toby
57. Ford or Chevy?
chevy, in honor of my first car, patty
58. What are you listening to right now?
the airconditioner in my office, someone pulling paper towels out a dispenser, corporate phone ring
59. What is your favorite color?
i like them all actually. no beef with any particular color.. for now
60. Lake, Ocean or River?
Ocean SANS sharks. but I also like the Great Lakes, except for Lake Erie
61. How many tattoos do you have?
62. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
63. How many people are you sending this email to?
Haven't decided yet
64. Favorite Cocktail?
Vodka and diet coke... and caipirinhas are good once in a while
65. Red or White wine?
Either, as long as it's not Brazilian
66. Where would you go for a girls or boys weekend get-a-way?
67. What do you want to be?
A good person
68. Republican or Democrat?
Ugh, some choice. I voted democrat
69. Favorite Family Vacation?
Outer Banks, North Carolina