Tuesday, April 25, 2006

All ova Mendoza and stuuuuff

Oh, Mendoza. Such a cute place...

I met up with my friends, finally, and we all went out last night for Ambra's bday. We went to a Spanish restaurant, and 20 people showed up, so we had to all crowd around this long table, there was very little breathing/bloating room. I was feeling tired going into dinner because earlier, Tony and I had split a bottle of $6 peso (US $2) red wine, and it sloooowed me down a bit. Anyway, dinner was loud and fun, but afterwards I just wanted to come back to the hostel and crash. I had a beer with some people (and spoke Spanish with them, thank God my espa├▒ol is slowly coming back), then went to sleep. Despite being awoken in the middle of the night by the loudest, grossest snoring man EVER, I got some good rest, and felt chipper this morning.

I went for a long walk in the park with Sarah, an English girl. It was a beautiful, perfect morning, and the park has a gorgeous lake with lots of fountains and statues and stuff to look at. Afterwards, we came back and bought bus tickets to go back to Santiago tomorrow. I spent the rest of the day walking around Mendoza with Ambra and Katherine, another English girl. We went to the Plaza de la Independencia, ate dulce de leche ice cream, talked about boys, watched the people (and weird hair) go by, then came back. It was a good day!

Tonight our hostel is hosting an asado -- meat, salad, bread, and most importantly, WINE -- all for $15 pesos (US $5) per person. They might have to roll me out of there afterwards but I am looking forward to it! Hee hee.

Anyway I thought a lot today about the fact that my plane for the US leaves the day after tomorrow. It still doesn't feel real. I can not believe this long journey is finally ending, and I am not sure how I feel about it. I am so excited to see my friends and family and be back in America (fuck yeah!), but traveling this last month and a half has been so wonderful, liberating, exciting, fun, luxurious -- ugh, hard to put into words. I'll have to write a sappy, reflective post tomorrow when I am bored in Santi... more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment