Monday, April 03, 2006

Equator, here I come

We just got into Fortaleza, up near the top of Brazil, after taking an 8 hour bus ride from Natal this morning. The ride seemed relatively painless to me, after my 18 hour extravaganza the other day/night, but I think Suraj and Viral might be slightly traumatized. They were good sports, though, and didn't complain at all. Anyway, our hostel here, which my Rough Guide says is one of the "best located youth hostels in the Americas," seems clean and pleasant, and is spitting distance (seriously) from the beach. Oh and it's a bit of a step up from the Lua Cheia, since S, V and I have our own room (with like 5 beds), with a tv, air conditioning, and private bathroom. No more locking my suitcase whenever I go to the bathroom, yippee! Nothing much else to report. In a while, we are going to venture out and see what Fortaleza has to offer in the way of food and drink. Exciting.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:35 PM

    i think my old roommate got lice from some hostel in fortaleza. yeah i know its a big place or whatever, but just be on your guard anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:37 PM

    oh yeah that was me, john, who commented. ttyl
    -john

    ReplyDelete