Monday, April 17, 2006

Running on empty

I think I got a total of .2348273 hours of sleep last night, yet somehow, I am out on a shopping expedition with Ambra.

Yesterday was spent sleeping, NOT going to the soccer game, walking around Recoleta a bit, visiting Evita`s grave (again), and attempting to go to mass. The hostel white board said that mass at the Municipal Cathedral was at 7 pm, but when I showed up, the 6pm mass had just ended and the church was closing. I spent half an hour looking at the statues and chapels before I was kicked out. Oh well, I tried to go to Easter mass!

We went to dinner last night at another steak house on the water, and again, we got comically bad service. The waiter was a Dear Sweet Love, as my grandmother would say, but he was completely inept and screwed up everyone`s order. But I liked him anyway because he was smiley and little and cute. By the end of dinner, several people at the table were practically snoring into their meat -- all the partying has finally caught up, I suppose.

I managed to stay awake through dinner, but I was not feeling at the top of my game, since I woke up that morning with a sore throat, cough, runny nose and sneezes. I actually wore down my immune system enough in 6 days to make myself sick. Go me!!! After dinner, I came back to the hostel, crap happened, and I ended up getting into bed at 8 am. How I am awake right now is an utter mystery. I really must start taking it easy. I will, today, I swear.,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment